Friday, May 25, 2007

ATL Carnival

Well the ATL Carnival season is upon us once again. The downtown mas ting is usually a joke, just nuff crowds looking on and about a dozen lame mas bands and music trucks. The route is short and usually ends up in a stadium or park where there is a soca show and West Indian vendors selling island food and other such goodies. Nothing to write home about. However the night fetes and shows (they have nothing to do with the official carnival committee) are always top class with all the popular soca and reggae artists in attendance. In fact we usually end up over-saturated with too many night events during the 3-day weekend.
Since at this time of year I put on my "Press" cap , I get into most of the events free so long as I have the camera equipment in tow. In fact me and a journalist bredrin of mine normally team up to cover the local events worth publishing. He writes I shoot. Clients are Gleaner, Observer, Caribbean Star and various fly-by-night West Indian magazines. Anyway the two flyers attached are the beginning of our coverage this weekend; the Adrenaline is a club gig which is NOT my favourite setting (smoke, overcrowding, dim lighting). The Georgia Music Fest will be outdoors and perfect for me (daylight, open air, huge stage, nuff space). I am really doing the former only because my bredrin want to cover it, but who knows maybe I'll end up having a good time. I'll write a Post Mortem blog later next week with a few of the pics.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pics, pics, pics! Looking forward to the pics! I need a press hat and badge so I can get in free!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home