Saturday, January 13, 2007

New Year, New Tings!

Yes massive , mi still de bout.
Been working my ass off for Corporate America as usual. God, I truly pray for the day I can make my escape......without having to move into a homeless shelter of course. As I stated last year, those considering migrating to dis ya country....COME WITH THE INTENTION OF LAUNCHING YOUR OWN BUSINESS!! Yes deal with corporate America for a while to get on your feet and establish yourself, BUT don't get stuck in this rut it will kill you slowly from the inside out, mind and body, and then dash yu wey when dem dun wid yu! The way to succeed in this place is to do your own ting, what ever that might be. Those that own the capital reap the real profits. You can't get independently wealthy by working for someone else unless your are stealing from them.
Just dropped 500 bucks for 2007 advertising for my side-line photography business. Might have to drop 300 more on another outlet to try and guarantee a constant flow of new clients. Last year business was somewhat better than I expected and this year I expect even more as I will be pushing a lot harder.
Weddings are the most work and biggest paycheck, but allow for the least amount of creativity, which is the fun part for me. Model and fashion work allow for almost unlimited creativity, but the pay is usually minimal, for up and coming grubs like me at least. The other stuff in between can pay decent if you know how to work it. Big tings a come though, I can feel it in my blood, and God nah lef mi out! Dat dyam job sucks up so much of my time and energy though!
Anyway, not looking back, I push on in battle for 2007!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back! The corprate world is the same everywhere, chew you up and spit you out with nothing. Owning your own business is the best way to go. I hope to own my own thing one day, hopefully soon!

Good to hear the photography business went well and all the best with it for the new year. Man you need to give me some pointers so I can' start a photography business out here in Ja too. I need to start doing some portraits now too.

10:46 PM  
Blogger De Immigrant said...

Stunner, you seem as good me at this photography thing. You definetly have the creative eye, just start applying that creativity to people pics and build a portfolio to sell yourself with.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wise words. Most immigrants think the white man is looking out for them. Wrong! He does that to his own kind. What makes you think he won't do the same to you, anonymous immigrant #264,905,217?

5:54 PM  
Blogger Abeni said...

Well you have a plan so who knows your escape may be sooner than you think. Keep the faith

2:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I need to find myself some willing subjects.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

Good luck with it. :)

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home