Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Is Not An Easy Road!

Okay massive, I am back.
I have been so busy on the "9-5" and trying to get my newly resurrected photography hustlin’s up and running as it should.
Been doing a few weddings here and there and some portrait work also. Whoring out my prized artistic skills, but what the hell, I need the cash.
Did a Wedding last weekend out in Augusta, Ga. In my 15 years (off and on) of shooting Wedding Photography this was a FIRST for me…. The groom stormed away from the wedding twice during the evening. TWICE!!! I mean got in his car and left!! Drove away!
First time was after the ceremony, before the reception, when I usually start setting up and shooting the formal poses. After two shots this guy suddenly says "I’m tired, lets stop this and continue later". I say okay, fine, I understand, big stressful day, maybe a foot injury that needs some relief, probably up from well early, probably partying all night, whatever.. Fine I’ll shoot some poses that don’t involve him, give him ten minutes off his feet to catch himself. Dude marches to his car, mumbling about how poorly organized the event was and drives off!! Now you have to understand via contract I am required to produce a minimum amount of photographs or I don’t get the rest of my money. This guy’s antics were seriously cutting into my quota!
Half an hour later he shows up again. By this time everyone was in the reception hall chatting (probably about him) and generally waiting for the wedding continue as one would normally expect, you know dancing, food, cake cutting, speeches, garter, etc. Problem: the caterer never shows up. No food. Apparently he was never paid what he asked for. Groom starts acting up again, mumbles about his new wife’s lack of organizational skills and is GONE AGAIN!! They order some party platters (toothpick food) from a nearby Super Market. Not bad, better than nothing at all. At least there was enough finger food for everybody.
Now I am starting to wonder!?! Is this guy in some dark corner feeding a bad crack habit? Is this woman so desperate as to really see a future with this immature fool? Why is the bestman (his brother) continuing to make excuses for his behavior? Why was he 50 minutes late for the rehearsal without explanation? The bride should have stormed out then!! She kept apologizing to me throughout the wedding day, does she think it is going to get any better in years to come?
Maybe she can set him straight. You know marriage is another one of God’s great inventions; Soon all the emotional infatuation, love and lust starts subside after about a year of being married, and that curtain is drawn back, and couples start to see who they REALLY got married to. Our faults that we so carefully hid and buried start to rise to the surface again, and your new spouse, usually in the form of arguments, confronts you with them. These faults are usually traits and habits you can and should live without. A smart couple, or I should say a determined couple, will try to change for the better acknowledging faults with each party working to improve themselves. In time your soulmate molds you into a better, more whole (and more compatible) person. You eventually become a BETTER person period as your marriage progresses, IF you let it progress and admit and are willing to change your ways. Yes marriage is a good thing if one is strong enough to endure and MAKE IT WORK.
There is hope for that poor idiot, but he will have to be willing to change. In the meantime I just want to get paid for the great pictures I had to squeeze out of that shaky event.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seems business is picking up! All the best.

Sounds like that marriage is off on a bad start, propably it shouldn't even start at all!

7:26 AM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Great post. If the grooms behavior wasn't a window into what their life would be like in the years to come, I don't know what is..lol

1:45 PM  
Blogger Abeni said...

Wow,that was eventful.It sounds like that wife will be alone a lot.Mr Husband better start coming up with better ways of dealing with circumstances

10:36 PM  
Blogger Deelze said...

WOW that is some deep stuff!!

I hope things improve for their marriage.

Glad to hear you are doing something you like, and getting paid for it! *smile*

~Smooches~

6:05 PM  
Blogger De Immigrant said...

Yes Stunner business is kind of picking up forcing me to get more organized in running it.

HC, I am going to make a point of calling her up in about a years time. I am going to set up a reminder on my Outlook right now!

Abeni that is one day I will never forget! It got really tense for ME!

JQ, thats what I did cityhall, no bother, no expense, and it was exactly what wifey wanted.

Dr D I agree 100% they have no business getting hitched. Dem nuh ready!

BQ, its hard work, but I luv it and as you said; at least I am getting a few bucks.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

Interesting story. Where did the groom hail from? Is not a Jamaican?
Good luck with the money...

11:25 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

wow, sad to say that marriage dont sound destined to last

6:42 AM  
Blogger De Immigrant said...

MB, they are both African-American.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home