Monday, February 20, 2006

Wifey Coming!!

No, not to the photo shoots......read on.....

Sooo good to have Monday off of work. Today is Presidents Day, and for those like yours truly that depend heavily on Federal services to get my daily job done its NO WORK today! I know this attitude is kind of childish, but I am truly sick of my Corporate America "9-5" grind.
Guess what!? DE wifey is coming to work at the same job as me! Same company, same complex, different building – five minutes walk. I don’t know how to deal with this. Not that I was up to any "wrong doings" at work (thank God!), but I just feel that my worlds are about to collide. There is the work world and the home world and they are always to be kept totally separate. Don’t get me wrong, I am glad she found a job, and I did get the resume to the "right" people in order for her to be seriously considered. But this is kinda too close for comfort. Her present employers are actually moving their offices to Arizona so her last day with them was April 30th, and she was promised a bonus if she stuck around until then.. But you know what they say, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". The bonus just wasn’t worth turning down solid offers.
She does have a knack of finding jobs quite quickly and easily though. I tell you dat CAST graduate has really gotten far in dis country! When she first came to Atlanta she picked up a permanent 9-5 in three days! Took me five months! Takes most foreigners at least 3 to 6 months. This time around she got three job offers in two weeks! Not that she is not talented and knows her stuff, but I think it’s the pretty face that is opening the doors. She is still quite a beautiful woman, by American standards, though put her back in JA and she will still be above average, but nuff tings will be around just like her.

5 Comments:

Blogger Abeni said...

It could be worse-she could be in your building.Well pretty and qualified will do it everytime-congrats wifey:)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Rev Island said...

Mine she give you a tump for saying that it is the pretty face that does the trick..

8:31 PM  
Blogger Angry Dog said...

Well, you see the thing is that you need to work with what you have RI....do like me, show a little leg, a little chest, and wear a big smile...the world is your oyster and you can get any job u want ;)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now you two can have lunch together often, and fool around while trying not to be caught ;)

11:19 PM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

I used to think that work and home should be separate, but nowadays I mix both worlds plenty and its all good...

I didn't know there were other people who felt both worlds should be separate until one day I saw the issue as part of the storyline of a Seinfeld show...

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home