Saturday, December 24, 2005

Is It Wrong?

Is it wrong for me to continue convincing my 8 year old daughter that Santa really exists? Some kids in school have been trying to convince her otherwise, and of course she came to me seeking the truth. I of course told her that the ones in the malls are definetly fake BUT the real Santa truly exists and only very few people have actually seen him. From what I can tell she seems to still believe, or is she just fooling me so that she can get extra gifts??
For me, I suppose I just want to "delay" her growing up as long as possible. They are so fun and loving at this age, but I know that in about four years time she is not going to want to see or hear from me unless she needs money. I don't even want to start thinking about the boys ting ! I guess, to an extent we try and re-live our childhood thru them, letting them enjoy what we remember enjoying, letting them have more of what was lacking in our childhoods, and trying to make sure they succeed in areas where we failed. Her quality of life is definetly a lot better than mine was at her age. A pastor friend of mine said he quickly told his kids that Santa did not exist because he didn't want them to one day think that he might be fooling them on the Jesus/God thing too. I am pretty sure my daughter is firmly grounded spiritually so I shoudn't have to worry about that.
Yep, I think Santa will stick around for at least Xmas 2006 or longer, if she wants him to.

7 Comments:

Blogger Deelze said...

Hey you,

Stop lying to that child. Santa my behind...let her know the truth, that mommy and daddy are Santa. *smile*

Children are much more resilient than we think.

Merry Christmas, and wishing you all the best for the coming New Year!

~Smooches~

10:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tell the truth mi yute!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Angry Dog said...

I agree with the others! Tell her the truth!!!

!!!Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Abeni said...

Don't worry she will find out in time and she won't love you any less.The thing abt Santa is the poor kids whose parents can't afford to give them what they want for Cmas at a real disadvantage.Anyway,enjoy your season

3:44 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

well I think this may be your last year with the santa business anyway because her school mates may have her convinced by 2006

10:10 PM  
Blogger De Immigrant said...

Yes all I think jdid is right. Time is fast runnig out on my Santa game. Peer pressure will soon have her thinking otherwise.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Scratchie said...

She soon figure it out and I don't think it will be an issue anyway...have a great 2006

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home