Thursday, December 01, 2005

I Believe I Can Fly!

Okay I know I am late with my Thanksgiving piece but I am going to spit it out anyway. I think I need about 4 more hours to my week day because once corporate America sends me home, I spend an hour in traffic, then half hour walking the dawg, then another hour or two with the kid, and a little time with de wifey , It is practically bedtime and I haven’t even gotten a chance to relax, read some blogs, write a lickle someting, etc.
Anyway I digress. I WANT TO FLY, I believe even with my lickle bit of common sense I can actually learn to fly. It doesn’t seem that complicated. If I can dip and dodge in and out of Atlanta traffic, while talking on my phone, while playing with the cd player, while admiring girls and other cars, than I can be taught how to fly. I did hit somebody a few weeks ago though. You got to understand, coming up in school (and UWI) in JA I was not what you would call the sharpest knife in the drawer. I got by, just barely, but with a lot more effort than most others had to put in.
Anyway back to the Thanksgiving piece; we drove down to Orlando, wifey, kid and dawg on the Wednesday to hang with some in-laws. Thursday we had the usual nuff food, turkey, etc. Friday me and my brother in-law went flying in his single engine turbo prop. We flew out to Cedar Key about 100 miles north of Tampa on the Gulf Of Mexico. I had flown with him last year December, but that was just a little half hour spin around and come back ting. This time it was about an hour to Cedar Key and an hour back. Somehow from last year’s experience the whole process seemed so complicated; all the buttons, instruments, and constantly talking to air traffic control, but this year it all seemed to just come together!
It now seems so logical! Of course he was constantly explaining what he was doing and why. I think I can do it! (Or die trying!).
Anyway, fun & joke aside, Cedar Key was quaint yet beautiful, peaceful yet alive with hundreds of (wealthy looking) tourists. We had some good seafood, bought some stuff for the wives (they are both too scared to fly in the small plane or with the pilot in question, probably both). In about 2 hours we flew back to Orlando like it was no big deal. Next day, Saturday, we flew down to Miami. There are a lot of Jamaican pilots down that way. Got a courtesy car, got some food at a yard shop and then went to hang out at South Beach for an hour or two. By evening we were back in Orlando. What freedom! I have to get one of those things! Let me see…..If I rob 3 banks a week for around four months I should at least be able to get a used one, or a downpayment on a new one. If I only pay the mortgage every other month then I should be able to pay for the lessons. I have been bitten by the bug. I have to fly. Well there is nothing wrong with dreaming, it might happen one day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Deelze said...

I hope your dream comes through....

Dream big, you never know boo!!

Can't say that I blame your wives...I am not fond of those little planes either. *smile*

~Smooches~

Wah wifey think about your plans to fly???

11:24 PM  
Blogger Abeni said...

I like the "or die trying bit"lol.Go for it man

7:01 AM  
Blogger De Immigrant said...

Folks, the lickle plane nuh too bad you know! And no long lines and invasive searches. Imagine AV fuel cost almost the same as car gas!
Dem youths all a fly go Bahamas, Mobay, Turks, Cayman, etc in de single prop!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Deelze said...

I like ya music....

~Smooches~

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home