Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

THE GOOD; In my previous blog I had mentioned that had hit somebody (no, another car-not a pedestrian) while driving. It was my fault, well kind of, she could have avoided me but she panicked and literally let go of the steering wheel letting her car veer straight into mine. She was a Jamaican lady with kids in the car. Yes I felt very guilty about the whole incident, especially since I got my car repaired very quickly and they gave her hell to fix hers. Anyway it happened weeks ago so I am over it. Good thing (for now) is the insurance company actually sent me a check! I was at fault and they sent me money. The car cost $1,900 to fix, I ran up a rental bill for a week which they paid for, paid my $500 deductible, and they sent me money back! Hundreds and hundreds of $$ back! They said it was the loss in value of the car since it was hit. Born 2004, she was previously a virgin.
Of course I man quickly cash it before dem change dem mind. If dem want it back now dem hafi tek it lickle lickle! Pickney shut a go fit me though when I see the new premiums next year, if they don’t just drop me all together.
THE BAD: Went to the pharmacy at my HMO today to fill a new prescription for the kid. She has really bad headaches every now and then. When I go up to the counter I think I am just going to pay the standard $15 for all medications bought through them. De woman say $155!!! Mi say "WHA!! Yu musi mad!!". She gave some story about how that drug is not covered by the HMO. $155 for twenty pills! Nat me! Nat in dis yah lifetime! Dem a try cut into mi plane money! Dr D a wha inna dem ? Gold? Anyway the doc is supposed to be looking into a cheaper alternative. Betta!
THE UGLY: Took the plunge and ordered a new digital SLR (camera) today. I used to do a lot of Wedding and Portrait photography back in the 80’s and 90’s both here and in Jamaica, and since I now have a plane to save for (unoo tink mi a joke!) I am going to get back into professional photography again. Besides I need to start putting a lot more photos on this blog. I have a really basic digital and a couple of Olympus professional 35mm SLR’s that I used to use back in the day and they still work quite well. But to be taken seriously I have to enter the market place with a good digital tool. Know anybody getting married in 2006? I can send you my portfolio via CD, fi real.
Anyway The Ugly, ordered the new camera from the web of course, hundreds of $ cheaper. The price displayed online was less the rebate that the customer had to mail in. I kind of new that, but wanted to call to confirm. Called the 800 number, the guy answers, "yea, whats da question?". I am cool, Ireally want the camera, it is a good deal, I can put up with his attitude for the camera. I ask about the rebate, he replies "Of course, what did ya think?". I bite my tongue, tell him okay, thanks I will now order online. I order online, as he described to me the webpage is supposed to add back the $100 rebate to their "false" advertising price (it was still a good deal) while you go thru the whole credit card process. It never did add on the $100. I call him back after ordering online. Ask him how come it never added back the $100 and how much would my card actually be charged for. Him get really feisty, " What is it with you? Somebody will call you okay". I ask when will they call me? " I dunno! In couple of days I guess". One thing I do know if Saturday morning comes and this is not a done deal with a UPS tracking number in my email box, I am doing a chargeback! Cancel de whole transaction! What yu hafi go tru just to save a couple hundred dollars in dis place!

6 Comments:

Blogger Abeni said...

I'll hire you:)Bring on the pics

5:33 PM  
Blogger Deelze said...

I agree with Dee, the doctors just give you a prescription and that it! They could care less if it's covered or not! Sorry about that though.

Hurry up and start posting your pics on ya blog...I want to see them! :)

Send some of the money over here to me! I need it!! Glad to hear you were not hurt in the accident.

~Smooches~

6:47 PM  
Blogger De Immigrant said...

Yes Dr D, I guess cash is king in my world. Yu right, dis HMO give me nuff grief in the past.

Sunshine, yu have plans? I will give you the co-bloggers discount!

Dee, yu right I should check and see how much it is in Canada. The cash done already!

Abeni, you get the blogger discount too!

BQ, I was really wondering if this doc was getting kick backs from the pharmaceutical companies! 5 minutes and him a write big $$ prescription! I wasn't hurt but the dog (in the back seat) seemed a little shaken.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

Yes, Dr. D-Chatalot, you are waxing eloquently ;-)

I am happy for you re the good, DE-I, and I commiserate with you on the bad and the ugly. You should have told that guy some choice words on the pohone, or at least got his name and reported his ass!

Looking forward to seeing some pics...

11:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am not hitting out on the females, there are a lot of good female drivers, my girlfriend is one of them. But, some women do some dumb shit on the road at times!

Dat's whole heap of money for just 20 tablets.

I need a new digital camera myself, to start taking some more professional pics, I'm taking up photography too. You can check out my pics when I launch my websit at www.scenesofjamaica.com.jm in the next two weeks.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Angry Dog said...

Bwoy, I tell you rude bwoy. I have a much shorter fuse than you for sure...hell no I wouldn't be buying no damn camera from someone with so much attitude! After is not Jamaica dis!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home