Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Word Of Advice

A word of advice to those of you even considering coming to live with Uncle Sam permanently. Get a plan of action and try yu best to keep Corporate America OUTof it. The institution will chew you up until no taste is left and the spit you out once you are no longer needed.
I work with a fairly large financial organization and they just sold off one of their divisions to a company in South Carolina. They let go a whole side of people that had been faithfully with them for 15 to 20+ years. Gave them some monkey money for severance and just put dem outa street like dem a nuh nutting. Good people too, real nice, good, warm southern folks. They work their asses off for years, got so good and knowledgable at what they did that the company refused to change their duties significantly over the years. Just kept them in that rut doing what they do best and nothing else. Pure folly (not the word I really want to use!).
Don’t get me wrong America is irie still BUT use it for what it is; a place where you have the greatest opportunities to start YOUR OWN ting and succeed at it. No one can complain; all the resources are available; the knowledge if you don’t have it, whatever tools etc you will need, the huge middle class customer base, tons of marketing channels, working capital to borrow, and I could go on and on. Unoo listen: don’t get stuck in an office job in this country. Do it only with a solid plan to get out after a few years. Always work at setting up your own lickle hustlings and just keeping building on it. That is the main advantage this USA provides. That is the way to make SERIOUS money in this land, and thts why we are all here right? If I wanted some b*mbo hole to pushing me around day after day I could have stayed in Kingston and got that. You will NEVER make real money working for someone else unless you are stealing from that person or organization. Professional or not, THE OWNER is the person that makes the real money, period, full stop, end of post.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deelze said...

I agree with you 100%.....

I was recently fired from my job of 2yrs 4months 3days....now don't get me wrong I didn't mind being fired I was planning on leaving anyway but the fact that I was a dedicated, loyal, hard working person did not count for a thing in the end!! They do indeed eat you up and then spit you out!!

I am on to my nursing and fugg corporate america for good!! Burn fire!! ~LOL~

~Smooches~

6:55 PM  
Blogger Mad Bull said...

True words. My major problem now is what kind of business to open. Have to decide soon though. I was thinking of moving to Alaska and selling snow cones. I hear they don't have many people doing that there!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Angry Dog said...

True advice rude bwoy...after being in Uncle Sam's land for a while, I definately agree with that one--they reward you for your hard work here for sure, but they just as soon get rid of you when the time is tough.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home